Different Types of Essay Questions:
Open Ended Questions:
- Provide any additional information you wish to bring to the attention of the admissions committee. These may include gaps in employment, your undergraduate record, and plans to retake the GMAT or other relevant information.
- Please submit a personal statement not exceeding 750 words on a matter that interests you.
- Are there any extenuating circumstances in your profile about which the Admissions Committee should be aware? Please use your best judgment.
Questions about Past Experience:
- Describe a past experience that has shaped who you are today.
- Describe a past experience in which you failed. How that has shaped who you are today?
Questions About Strengths,goals and ambitions:
- What do you hope to gain from the degree programme and how do you feel it will help you achieve the career objectives you have?
- Based on your research and interactions, describe how your strengths contribute to the Tepper School community. How will you benefit from being a member of the Tepper School MBA program? (300 words)
- Leadership and teamwork are integral parts of the Kellogg experience. Describe a recent and meaningful time you were a leader. What challenges did you face, and what did you learn? (450 words)
Questions About Career Planning:
- We believe that the best results are achieved when you share success, think fearlessly and drive change. With this in mind, what are your goals at UCLA Anderson and in your short-term and long-term career?
Questions About self-assessment:
- Pursuing an MBA is a catalyst for personal and professional growth. How have you grown in the past? How do you intend to grow at Kellogg? (450 words)
- Describe a defining moment in your life. How has it shaped you professionally?
- Imagine a life entirely different from the one you now lead, what would it be? (250 words)
Question About Ethics:
- Leadership and ethics are inevitably intertwined in the business world. Describe a situation in which you have dealt with these issues and how they have influenced you.
Questions to balance deficiencies in your application:
- Please explain anything in your application that doesn’t accurately reflect your abilities or potential for successful graduate study.
- Discuss anything that may not be adequately presented elsewhere in this application.