- VISA APPLICATION
- What is VISA?
- Understanding The Legalities
- Availing Assistance
- The Immigration Paralegal
- School Selection and getting admitted
- GETTING A VISA
- I-20 form
- Proving the Financial Capability
- Where to apply
- When to Apply
- HOW TO APPLY FOR AN US VISA
- Paying the Visa Application Fee
- The Visa Interview Schedule
- The Interview
- FORM I-20 CHALLENGES
- Problems with Form I-20
- Problems with Educational Qualifications
- What is Immigrant Intent?
- Bringing Your Family Along
- ENTERING THE UNITED STATES
- Going through the Form Filling process
- Obtaining the Social Security Number
- EARNING WHILE LEARNING
- Introduction to earning while learning
- Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
- MAINTAINING THE VISA STATUS
- Filing for a renewal of the Visa
- Different infringements by different students
- Maintaining the status of the F-1 visa
- Penalties related to VISA violation
- When to apply for a new I-20 form
- J-1 INTERNSHIP
- J-1 Internship Program
- How to Find the Internship
- The Requirements of the Visitor Visa Departure
- Applying for the J-1 visa:
- How to go about preparing the J-1 Application Packet
Problems with Form I-20
Few problems that may creep in with the Form I-20 are discussed below:
- Typographical errors
- No sign from the DSO
- Any missing information
Even though these are very minor flaws, the consul might still reject your application. Unless the problems are fixed by the DSO, you might face problems entering the United States. Bear in mind that corrected entries in SEVIS however, might be good enough. Hence, in order to avoid these small mistakes go over Form I-20 as soon you get in your hands from the DSO, and if you find any discontinuity contact them immediately.
Here we should mention the importance of dates. If the date mentioned on Form I-20 which you have received has already passed, your visa will be refused. Even if the date mentioned is very close the consul might still reject your form because of very little time.
SO WHAT TO DO NOW?
The consul might suggest you to contact the DSO, and request them to extend the meeting to the date the consul deems fit.
Financial Support Problems
Even though the school has verified your financial conditions before issuing Form I-20, the consul might still reject your visa of they are not entirely confident. They will still see and scrutinize your financial documents that promise to cover your expenses, at least for the first year of your stay.
The sources which you have mentioned should be adept enough to manage your financial costs in the next few years also. Also, since transferring funds might be tricky sometimes, hence before the interview find out about these problems and the solutions.