November 13, 2015 at 3:10 pm #1198collmissonKeymaster
Basic steps for applying into an MBA program in the US are:
• Academic Record- You need to have a very good academic record to get admission in a top business school in the US. Your Academic record includes- GPA (Grade Point Average), Official transcript (Mark-sheets).
• Standardized Admission Test- the GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) is the most important test for admission to the MBA program in the US. Some universities also accept the GRE (Graduate Record Examination) test, but most universities in the US accept the GMAT. For applicants whose native language is not English have to give a TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), or the IELTS (International English Language Testing System).
• Working Experience- Working experience is not a mandatory criteria, still most business schools prefer candidates with a couple of work experience.
• Letter(s) of Recommendation- Letter of Recommendation plays a vital role in admission to the MBA program. A Letter of Recommendation is a signed statement from a person who knows you well- he might be your colleague or boss or maybe your teacher.
The Recommender has to state his position and how long he has known the applicant.
• Business School Essays- The essays, plays a vital role in assessing your application for admission to the MBA program. The essays give you a chance to talk directly to the admission committee. Essays define “Who you really are?” Essays can make your application stand out amongst other applicants. For Example- If there are 20 applicants with same GMAT scores and GPA, then your essays can make a difference in the selection.
• Interviews- Interviews are mostly informal conversation between the applicant and admission authorities. The interview is done to judge your ability an interest.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.