Yes, professional experience will create a huge impact on your application and it will increase your chances of acceptance. When it comes to selecting the graduate schools will surely like someone, who has relevant work experience and skills. It is preferred to have at least 2-5 years of work experience before applying for graduate school.
5 reasons to have professional work experience before applying to Graduate school:
• Professional experience will help you to be clear about your future goal, hence this will be a big advantage while choosing a program and school.
• Most graduate schools like applicants with at least 2 years or paid work experience. This makes you a very strong applicant.
• The cost of the graduate programs is very high, so you need to be absolutely sure before choosing your career path and graduate school.
• Graduate schools are using case studies, interdisciplinary teamwork, real world experience and experiential learning. Your work experience will help you contribute more in the class. You will be able to choose the right courses and qualify for a unique program opportunities.
• Your chances for getting internships, fellowships and jobs will increase if you choose the right career path from the beginning.