- VISA APPLICATION
- What is VISA?
- Understanding The Legalities
- Availing Assistance
- The Immigration Paralegal
- School Selection and getting admitted
- GETTING A VISA
- I-20 form
- Proving the Financial Capability
- Where to apply
- When to Apply
- HOW TO APPLY FOR AN US VISA
- Paying the Visa Application Fee
- The Visa Interview Schedule
- The Interview
- FORM I-20 CHALLENGES
- Problems with Form I-20
- Problems with Educational Qualifications
- What is Immigrant Intent?
- Bringing Your Family Along
- ENTERING THE UNITED STATES
- Going through the Form Filling process
- Obtaining the Social Security Number
- EARNING WHILE LEARNING
- Introduction to earning while learning
- Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
- MAINTAINING THE VISA STATUS
- Filing for a renewal of the Visa
- Different infringements by different students
- Maintaining the status of the F-1 visa
- Penalties related to VISA violation
- When to apply for a new I-20 form
- J-1 INTERNSHIP
- J-1 Internship Program
- How to Find the Internship
- The Requirements of the Visitor Visa Departure
- Applying for the J-1 visa:
- How to go about preparing the J-1 Application Packet
Applying for the J-1 visa
In order to aid the exchange visitor program, the United States Department of State sponsors programs. The United States government is better equipped to offer opportunity for visitor exchange as compared to the Department of State.
The J sponsors program when initiated by the government:
- They are accountable to the United States government
- Proper screening of both the exchange visitor and the host site (college)
- Also, they can intervene whenever things go awry
While choosing a sponsor, make sure that you have done proper research into the activities and track record of the sponsor. A good sponsor will make your stay in the United States more pleasant and fruitful. Take a look at the all the official sponsors designated by the United States Department of State, and then decide according to your requirements. Bear in mind that the US Department of State does not provide any endorsement for any sponsor or any program.
Few queries that must be made while deciding a sponsor:
What or who was the J sponsor when the United States played hosts previously, if yes, is the sponsor well equipped to offer the correct program should be looked into. Another point to be made note of is the geographical area, and the reach and influence of the sponsor in any particular area. Take the help of the Internet and do a background check of the sponsor and about the policies and frameworks of the sponsors, and if there are any hidden rules somewhere that could impede you in the future.
And then finally how competent are the sponsors. Are they acting as mere agents who will just help you get Form DS-2019, or will they actually help you if things become tricky anytime during your stay. Also, make sure that issues like spouse accompanying you, are also acknowledged. The issue of J-1 and J-2 visas.
What about availing internships in the form of placements. So are the sponsors providing service in that regard too. What about the costs, and what are the different pre-requisites involved - costs like travelling, boarding, lodging, telephone and the Internet costs.
Perhaps all the above answers will be answered, once you try to find what, why the sponsors in this field are so interested in you, i.e., what is their fundamental goal; are they in it just for profit, or they are interested in helping you with your progress in the United States.