World University Ranking – The Top Engineering Colleges
Before applying for MS in US, one must consider the World University Ranking. Aspiring MS students from all around the world, strive hard to give their careers a much needed boost. Scholars with rich academic background dream about taking admission in the best universities of the world, and seek for the top engineering colleges of the world.
Undoubtedly, securing an admission in the world’s best university is your first step towards a career changing experience. However, you need to do your research about different universities and choose a program that suits you the best. We would suggest you to refer the most authentic sources and take a look at the graduate school rankings before deciding on a particular university.
To make it easy for you, we have considered the world university ranking and shortlisted the best universities in the U.S –
Top universities for MS Program in US
1. Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- With the enrollment of 3123 students per year MIT holds the recognition of being the number one university for pursuing M.S.
- In order to be eligible for MIT, students need to have an average GRE quantitative score of 167.
- The university is known for its brilliant facilities for research and development, and spends $1,238,007 as research expenditure per faculty member, and the total research expenditure for the fiscal year 2014-2015 amounts to a whopping $465,491,000.
- The acceptance rate of MIT stands at 13.6%.
2. Stanford University
- Stanford has one of the highest enrollment rate with 3,601 students getting enrolled every year.
- In order to be eligible for this university, students need to have an average GRE quantitative score of 167.
- The expenditure for research and per faculty member amounts to $831,673. The total research expenditure for the engineering school for the year 2014- 15 is $200,433,390.
- There is a high acceptance rate of 15.4%.
3. University of California – Berkley
- As per the world university ranking, the institution finds itself in the third spot. University of California- Berkley enrols around 1,973 students per year and requires an average GRE quantitative score of 166.
- The research expenditure is huge and amounts to $821,578 per faulty member, and the total research expenditure for the engineering school is $207,037,757.
- The acceptance rate is 15.7%.
4. California Institute of Technology – Pasadena
Another university from the United States finds a spot in the graduate school rankings list of the top 10 universities for Pursuing MS.
- The university is very selective and enrols around 545 students per year.
- The average quantitative GRE score required is 168, and the expenditure for research is one of the highest at $1,192,333 per faculty.
- The total research expenditure for the engineering school amounts to $110,887,000
- The acceptance rate is 9.6%.
5. Carnegie Mellon University
One of the top engineering colleges in U.S is placed at number five in the list world’s top institutions to pursue MS.
- With over 3600 students getting enrolled every year, the university has one of the highest acceptance rate of 22.5%.
- The average GRE quantitative score considered by the university is 165.
- The total research expenditure for the fiscal year 2014-15 amounts to 202,479,623.
6. University of Michigan – Ann Arbor
The list of the world university ranking for MS finds yet another university from the United States. The University of Michigan is one of the top engineering colleges, and is known for its advanced education and ground-breaking research facilities.
- More than 3,300 students get enrolled each year
- Students should have an average quantitative GRE score of 166
- The total research expenditure for the fiscal year 2014-15 amounts to $265,624,000
- The acceptance rate of the university is around 27.6%
7. Georgia Institute of Technology
- Ranked number 7 in the list of top engineering colleges of the world, Georgia Institute of Technology has one of the highest enrollments with over 7500 students getting enrolled every year.
- The average quantitative GRE score is 164.
- An acceptance rate of 30.2 %, the university has one of the highest acceptance rates for students willing to pursue MS.
- The total research expenditure for the year 2014-15 is $195,473,000
8. University of Illinios – Urbania- Champaign
Tied with the Georgia Tech University, University of Illinios finds a place in the graduate school rankings list.
- The university enrols over 3400 students and has a great acceptance rate of 25%
- The average quantitative GRE score is 165
- The research expenditure for the engineering school amounts to $222,142,829.
9. Purdue University
Regarded as one of the top engineering colleges in the United States, the Purdue University is ranked number 9 globally.
- Like most top colleges Purdue enrols more than 3500 graduate engineering students per year.
- The university has a healthy acceptance rate of 22.8%.
- The average quantitative GRE score considered by the Purdue University is 164.
- A good amount of money is spent for research, as the research expenditures for the year 2014-15 amount to $230,706,320.
10.University of Texas – Austin (Cockrell)
Another University from the United States finds its place in the world university ranking, and is one of the world’s best university.
- More than 2300 students get enrolled every year.
- The acceptance rate is 16.5%.
- As far as the average quantitative GRE score is concerned, there isn’t much difference between the scores accepted by the top 10 universities. University of Texas considers a score of 165.
- Around $199,391,974 is the annual research expenditure for the fiscal year 2014-15.
Many might think, the ranking is done by considering the US universities only. However, to everyone’s surprise the top universities are listed by considering the world university ranking, by taking a closer look at the top engineering colleges all around the world.
Undoubtedly, the universities in USA are the best in the world. May it be the quality of education, facilities for research, quality of faculty, or exposure and career opportunities, these elite institutions excel in each and every department.
This makes the United States one of the favourite destinations for scholars all around the world, and the present of US universities in the graduate school rankings speaks for the educational standards of the country.