RICE UNIVERSITY ESSAY Analysis
RICE UNIVERSITY ESSAY 1
Describe your short-term and long-term goals, and how the MBA will help you to achieve those goals. Include in your discussion: Why is now the appropriate time to pursue an MBA and why are you interest interested in obtaining a Rice MBA?
RICE UNIVERSITY ESSAY 1 Explanation
- Personal statements ---short & long term goals –specific role, industry etc.
- Generalization to MBA, how will it facilitate the aims, specific key areas & gaps which will be filled by pursuing MBA.
- Specifically then the RICE MBA ---action learning project, electives etc.
- why NOW –the time need you want to have a MBA degree now---explain briefly about your past, current & future professional aims, with MBA at this juncture in your career (how it will accelerate your aspirations)
RICE UNIVERSITY ESSAY 2
Required for all applicants- Choose one of the following essays* (Maximum 500 words):
- What is the best mistake you have ever made? Include its impact on you and how it altered your view of the world.
- Describe a defining moment or event that changed your life.
RICE UNIVERSITY ESSAY 2 Explanation
What is the best mistake you have ever made? Include its impact on you and how it altered your view of the world.
The best mistake ----should be a mistake from which you have learnt & have grown as a person.
The before & after approach of what you were before event/incident & what the mistake & feedback from (whomsoever from your manager, from your relative /cousin) taught you.
The transformation after it…with a clear demarcation of change of perspective & views, which shows that you are ADAPTABLE and are not RESISTANT TO CHANGE.
Don’t expose your worst mistake made in your life, which had no learnings, but instead a MISTAKE which taught you something, & left behind a change forever.
This can either be personal or professional.
This is an OPPORTUNITY to show your receptiveness to your SURROUNDINGS.to other PERSON”S INPUTS etc.
Describe a defining moment or event that changed your life.
Part 1 of this question, can also be the answer to this question, but should be presented more sensitively. (In terms of its mark on your life /how it transformed you as a person.
Again no right or wrong answers for this.
Defining moment can also be occasions of triumph, when you are recognized in terms of Leadership, teamwork etc.
It can also be an event (either success or failure) which taught you a great virtue.
Since there is not much word limit—500 words—one can explain well.