FOSTER SCHOOL Of MANAGEMENT ESSAYS
Two essays are required and must be uploaded to your online application. The optional essay allows you to tell us more about yourself or explain an area of potential concern.
FOSTER Essay 1
Post-MBA Plans (750 words maximum) – Tell us your ideas about what lies ahead for you in your career. What are the gaps or deficiencies currently preventing you from pursuing these potential career paths?
FOSTER Essay 1 Explanation
- PERSONAL STATEMENT WITH A TWIST
- Ideas about lies ahead of you is short & long term goals, vividly described, as there is NO WORD LIMIT CONSTRAINT.
- GAPS CURRENTLY—THE NEED FOR A MBA IS THE ANSWER—EXPAND ON THE THOUGHT, FOR YOUR SPECIFIC AREA & INDUSTRY.
- FOR EX----LIKE YOU ARE IN MIDDLE LEVEL OF A IT /SOFTWARE…GAPS ARE –NO KNOWLEDGE OF MANAGEMENT TECHNIQUES/LACK OF MARKETING KNOWLEDGE ETC WHICH COULD HELP YOU IN GOING UP THE CORPORATE LADDER
- HOW DO YOU PLAN to use your time in Foster is the specific programs you would like to learn so that you can gain knowledge expertise in your particular area.
- The answer to FILLING OF GAPS vis a vis FOSTER’s PROGRAM should be expressed in detail.
- On the whole –your journey from your current position(where are you lacking) to pursuing a MBA at FOSTERs to the short term & Long term goals realization ---a snapshot of this paying greater detail to the gaps filled with a MBA degree .
FOSTER Essay 2
Inspiring Experience Essay (500 words maximum) – Please tell us about an experience that inspired or confirmed your decision to pursue the MBA.
FOSTER Essay 2 Explanation
- There is no right or wrong answer for this question.
- You can discuss a success /failure from your personal /professional life which has reaffirmed your decision that the next step in your career would be a MBA degree.
- The timing has to be discussed here with WHY ,in relation to a recent experience.
- You can either view it as an inspiration from someone in a particular event or a own life experience which led to this decision.
- For Example: you have the requisite knowledge etc,but due to lack of certain managerial degree ,you are stuck in your career graph with no upward mobility, the day in which you realized this (midyear appraisal day)confirmed you to pursue a MBA & move ahead.
- Explain the motivation behind doing a MBA to meet your goals.