- VISA APPLICATION
- What is VISA?
- Understanding The Legalities
- Availing Assistance
- The Immigration Paralegal
- School Selection and getting admitted
- GETTING A VISA
- I-20 form
- Proving the Financial Capability
- Where to apply
- When to Apply
- HOW TO APPLY FOR AN US VISA
- Paying the Visa Application Fee
- The Visa Interview Schedule
- The Interview
- FORM I-20 CHALLENGES
- Problems with Form I-20
- Problems with Educational Qualifications
- What is Immigrant Intent?
- Bringing Your Family Along
- ENTERING THE UNITED STATES
- Going through the Form Filling process
- Obtaining the Social Security Number
- EARNING WHILE LEARNING
- Introduction to earning while learning
- Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
- MAINTAINING THE VISA STATUS
- Filing for a renewal of the Visa
- Different infringements by different students
- Maintaining the status of the F-1 visa
- Penalties related to VISA violation
- When to apply for a new I-20 form
- J-1 INTERNSHIP
- J-1 Internship Program
- How to Find the Internship
- The Requirements of the Visitor Visa Departure
- Applying for the J-1 visa:
- How to go about preparing the J-1 Application Packet
Bringing Your Family Along
If you are planning to bring in your family or any spouse, apply for F-2 visas. The application procedure for F-2 is more or less same as F-1 visas. However, a separate visa form should be submitted, and all the accomplices should provide a proof of their relationship with you.
If you are married, you should produce a marriage certificate, and if you have children accompanying you, provide the consul with birth certificates mentioning the name of parents.
In many cases the spouses and children may want to work in the United States. In such cases, only an F-2 visa will not suffice. They will have to qualify other screening tests too, like the H-1B specialty occupation visa, and should also change the F-2 status to this other status.
For children who want to study in the United States, an F-2 visa will be enough, and there is no requirement to get an F-1 visa. However, F-2 spouses can only pursue vocational training or anything recreational, which only compliments their main purpose - that is to accompany you.