- Graduate School
- Introduction to the Graduate School
- Why is it needed?
- How Affordable Is It
- The Many Myth-Busters
- Doing Research about Graduate School
- Introduction to Graduate School Research
- Identifying the Subject Best Fit For You
- Masters or Ph.D.?
- Qualities of a Successful Ph.D. Student
- Accordingly Identify the School
- How Many Schools to Apply?
- The Different Variables to Be Worked Out
- The Application for Graduate School
- Starting Your Application
- The Application Process
- How Does the Application Process Work?
- What Are People Looking For In Your Application?
- Picking the Right University and the Right Professor
- The Right Professor Is the Most Important Factor
- Few Questions You Need To Ask Of a Professor
- Parts of a Graduate School Application
- Things to Keep In Mind
- The Resume: The Importance of A Powerful One
- Writing Effective Statement of Purpose
- The Importance of an Important and Compelling Essay
- Personal Interviews
- Introduction to Interviews
- Do's In an Interview
- Don’ts in an Interview
- After The Interview
- Accepting an Offer
- Rejecting an Offer
- Preparing For Financials
- You Are In… What Now… The Road Ahead…
- Make an Estimate of the Fixed Costs
- Do You Qualify For a Need-Based Aid?
- How to Apply For the Need-Based Aid
- How Is the Aid Awarded?
- Non-Need-Based Aid
- Other Ways to Pay for Your Degree:
- What If You Fall Short
- Other Brooding Points
- International Students
- International Students Guidelines
- Few Not-So Important Critical Points
- Summing Up Admission Process
- Why Is Graduate School Important?
- Life in the Big League: A Graduate Student
- Different Schools for Different Programs
YOU ARE IN… WHAT NOW… THE ROAD AHEAD…
Now that you have aced your personal interview, and you have also accepted the offer to join a particular program, and have finally stepped into the graduate school of your dreams. So, during the research you must have gone through the fees and let us be very frank, the fees are quite exorbitant. So now the next question.. How will you secure the financial needs? The question is very normal, however the answer is not quite straightforward.
You have to take care of your tuition fees, your books, the place you will live in, and these cost money, considerably more than what you have paid during the undergraduate degree. The cost is neither stagnant, nor does it do south, if anything the amount which you will pay will be more than the previous years and this should be factored in. We have no intentions to scare you, we are here to guide and present before you the different options that are available and yet unknown to many of the students that take care of the financial necessities.
If you are a graduate student, you just cannot depend on a single source of financial aid, and you will need a combination of your own part-time income and also other forms of loan.
The system has a mechanism through which the students and the parents can be rest-assured of carrying out the degree without any hiccup – at least with respect to the financial side of things. The machinery which is in place is however, quite a complex one, and it requires meticulous planning, proper calculation, taking out the time to fill in the forms and being very careful about submitting the documents in time and not breaching the deadlines.
So, basically what we are saying is that since it is your course you will have to be awake to the opportunities (many organizations, businesses and foundations) that are available, and best rest assured these are not fake promises but these available aids yields positive results.
Once again we identify the many mechanisms which will near the major chunk of the burden of the finances. We provide a comprehensive guide on how to fill out the forms, how to successfully manoeuvre through the system and how to avail the best financial services present. And bear in mind this financial aid is not any form of obligation, but it is your right.